Monday, January 17, 2011

Gastronomical Genesis

Hi, and welcome to the next biggest thing on the internet....okay, maybe not, but one could dream, right? I'll spare a long-winded, self-aggrandizing autobiography and simply introduce myself as a 32-year old sports-loving "closet foodie" whose legal name is Derek but is more commonly known to most as D-Rock. I'm somewhat of a late bloomer in the cooking department in that I never really took an interest into properly knowing how to cook until 2-3 years ago, combined with the fact that my father is quite the good cook and that specific gene was a little late to emerge. Like most, my culinary talents had mostly consisted of choosing the right menu and dialing the right take-out place number. But after enough delivery orders and money spent, the proverbial light bulb went off in my head and said to myself, "Why am I paying $10 for something that probably costs $3 to make myself?" From that moment on, I took an interest in learning my way around the kitchen and after a few years of good and botched attempts alike, I've finally grown comfortable enough to make an attempt at a food blog.

So what will this blog be about? Good question, I have no clue. Just kidding. It will be an ever-changing, ever-evolving blog but primarily will be in the vein of "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" in the sense that my goal is to find undiscovered or low-key culinary gems of places around the Westchester and surrounding areas. Whether it be a "signature dish", a food "challenge", or just a restaurant review, I hope to provide people who enjoy good food and good times with an informative resource. I will also feature personal creations and recipes eventually because there has to be some level of narcissism involved. (Sarcasm is a strong point of mine)

One last thing before putting my stamp on the internet -- a big thank-you goes out to the people who have pushed me to pursue and explore my culinary endeavors, and a special thank-you to one person in particular for making this blog a reality, they know who they are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment